DOCSF23 Call For Abstracts
DOCSF23 Call For Abstracts
Abstract Submission Instructions
The aim of the Digital Orthopaedics Conference San Francisco (DOCSF.health) is to catalyze the adoption of digital health tools in orthopaedics. When DOCSF was launched in 2016 the technologies driving the incipient revolution in healthcare were in their infancy and the number of scientific articles on the validity of these innovative solutions were few and far between. Seven years later, some of the most innovative researchers in the world are using everything from AI to 3D printing to tackle long-standing musculoskeletal challenges in diagnostics, therapeutics, education, cost, and access. Our audience is keenly interested in hearing about this work but there is no scientific event focused on digital orthopaedics nor a way to acknowledge the best research in the field. The DOCSF23 Poster Presentation will be presented in partnership with the Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF).
The primary aim of the DOCSF23 Poster Presentation is to create a forum exclusively focused on the presentation, discussion, and dissemination of the best scientific evidence supporting the adoption of digital health tools in orthopaedics. The secondary aims are to recognize and celebrate influential and ground-breaking researchers exploring the adoption of digital technology in musculoskeletal care, bring together an international community of like-minded innovators, researchers, clinicians, engineers, mathematicians, and any other curious onlooker studying at the leading edge of innovation who want to share, support and collaborate to answer the pressing questions of our time, and seed the next generation research and collaboration amongst members of our community.
For the inaugural DOCSF Poster Presentation, we wish to focus on the following research topics:
- Big data Analytics to identify appropriate candidates for ASC
- Sensors to track outcomes
- Risk assessment and AI/Big Data
- AI chatbots for clinical decision support and patient management
We will conduct a rigorous scientific review of submissions and identify semifinalists whose work will be highlighted during the DOCSF23 conference.
Of these, finalists in each focus area will be invited to present their findings and follow-on research during DOCSF23 on Friday, May 5th. Following subsequent deliberation, the Panel will select a winner.
Requirements for Award Consideration:
- Posters intended for Award consideration should focus on one of the areas listed in the call for abstracts and be applicable to musculoskeletal care.
- The judges will be looking for translational research that demonstrates either improvement in quality, cost, or access to care for clinical applications, or significant discovery and advancement in the areas of basic science.
- The poster needs to have been performed using rigorous academic standards with appropriate statistical analysis and adequate power to support conclusions. Pilot studies, while interesting, are not likely to meet our stringent criteria for “evidence to support change”.
- There are no limits to how many unique posters are submitted, though each poster will require a separate administrative fee.
- Submission deadline: Monday, April 10th, 12:00 PST
Any posters not in these categories may be submitted and considered for honorable mention (we don’t want to miss out!).
The primary goal is to create an international forum for the collection and dissemination of the most meaningful published research impacting the care of musculoskeletal patients. The purpose of the DOCSF23 Poster Presentation is to highlight and celebrate the authors of the most impactful research in this space. Secondarily, we wish to gather the best and brightest minds in the world to help chart a course for the next century and lead MSK innovation rather than follow it. Together, we can.